Rotavirus Vaccine Dosage
General Dosage Information
Some considerations for children receiving the rotavirus vaccine include the following:
- This is one of the few vaccines that are given by mouth (not as an injection).
- If your child spits out some or all of the vaccine, a replacement dose may be considered for Rotarix but is not usually recommended for RotaTeq.
- There are no dietary restrictions; your child may eat or drink as usual (including breastfeeding) before and after the vaccine.
- Children can be vaccinated if they have a minor illness, such as the common cold. However, the vaccine should be postponed if the child is moderately or severely ill.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your child's dosage or rotavirus vaccine dosing in general, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.